Heureux, Heureux A En Mourir

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Parisian Brunch

This morning my friends had a lovely Parisian themed brunch for Audrey and I. It was complete with an eiffel tower centerpiece, cupcakes with french messages on them, an Audrey Hepburn painting and ribbon topiary. It was so pretty. The decorations were exactly what I had always wanted at a party for my new baby girl. I felt so blessed to have amazing friends who would do this for me, even though I had already had a big baby shower as well.

For brunch, we ate crepes with all the toppings you could imagine--the traditional lemon juice and sugar, nutella and banana, strawberries and cream...yum-o! We also had pastries, mini quiches and croissants.

Then, they spoiled us with frilly girly things. I got a basket full of body lotions and bath salts and Audrey got a basket of hair bows, headbands, socks and girly shoes.

It was awesome to get out of the house while Mike is working and Audrey was so good. She slept, woke up to eat, and went back to sleep. And she even got to wear her Paris onesie!

But, the best part was the company of my fabulous girlfriends. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends up here. That's the one reason why I would consider staying here longer than the RCMP would have us stay. I will really miss these ladies when I leave!

2 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful just to be there celebrating Audrey's arrival! She is the sweetest little girl, Sabrina, and I am so happy for you and Mike. I feel honoured to be able to know her... and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Parisian brunch! How wonderfully delicious. So glad you had a good time, Sabrina, and that Audrey enjoyed herself (in a manner of speaking) as well! Those crêpes sound absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete