Heureux, Heureux A En Mourir

Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer fun

This is my fifth and final summer in Dawson Creek, but it's the first time that I've spent most of the summer at home. Normally, once the school year is out, I'm heading down to Vancouver or to the island, or as we did three years ago, on our adventure in Ireland.

This year I was content to stay home with Audrey and get our house ready to sell. We visited Rotary Lake for swimming, we strolled downtown and ate cupcakes and ice cream, we played in the backyard and we gardened.

Next week we are heading to the island for a ten day visit with our families. My sister and her husband will be in Port Alberni from Quebec, so we timed our visits so that we could see them. I can't even tell you how excited I am for this trip. It's the first time in months that Mike and I will be off work with Audrey and both seeing family and friends with her. It's going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully, while we are gone, our realtor will have a few showings at our house as we won't be there to mess it up in between! I've discovered how exhausting it is to try and keep a spotless house with an almost 11 month old who likes to destroy everything. One of Audrey's favourite activities is to pull clothes out of drawers and baskets and knock over anything that's in a nice, neat pile.

Today Audrey and I went downtown for a couple of hours. We visited the toy store, where I let her pick out a couple of toys. I also bought a cute little gift for a friend whose baby boy was born last night.  tea. And by tea I mean with a cupcake. And sometimes ice cream.

Here are a few pictures of what we did this July.
 My herb and veggie garden.
 The new retaining wall and flower boxes Mike built.
 Canada Day at Pouce Coupe park.
 Enjoying the swimming pool.
 After a swim at Rotary Lake.

 Hanging out in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment